Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Have you considered...

...washing your clothing less often? As in, "I only wore these jeans for a few hours, they don't smell, they aren't visibly dirty....I'll just hang them back up"?

I see this as a frugal practice for two reasons:

1) Less wear & tear on the clothing. For example, I wash each piece of my son's clothing practically every time he wears it. (It is usually dirty as he is a messy eater! Also, he is in the crawling stage, so his clothing has been all over the floor.) But his clothing just LOOKS WORN very fast. I attribute that to the fact that I wash it quite often. I don't want my clothes to wear out that fast! Kids grow quickly; they need new clothes often.

2) Less water, laundry detergent, and energy costs.

Plus, it saves time! Enough said! Hang up your not visibly dirty clothes and don't feel guilty about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!