Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Appliqued Toddler Skirt

Here's another idea for a toddler skirt. (I have no idea why I am so into skirts lately...it's October and way past skirt season here in my homeland of PA or in my former land of OH. I guess I love the trend of leggings with skirts. Little girls pull that off so much better than us 20-somethings!) Anyway.

I made this skirt the same way I made the other toddler skirt and needed to cover a flaw in the striped t-shirt. So I chose to use flowers.


First, I started with a paper pattern. I pinned this directly to the jersey fabric I used for the waistband of the skirt.
Next, after cutting the flower out, I pinned it to the skirt. Then I just sewed around the flower with a running stitch.
I added some buttons. The end! I love it.

1 comment:

  1. this is super cute! I love it! I wanted to let you know about a linky party/tutorial post I have started. It is called Handmade Tuesdays and I feature a tutorial from a crafter and then I have a linky where people can link up their projects. Please come link up every Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!