Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Improvements to the Zipper Pouch Tutorial

I wasn’t completely happy with my zipper pouch. I made some more, with a few improvements.

IMG_2815

Improvement #1: Attaching the fabric one piece at a time to the zipper. I attached the outer fabric first.

IMG_2810

Then I attached the lining fabric. This ensures you won’t miss either fabric and leave a hole.

IMG_2811

Improvement #2: Press both fabrics after sewing them onto the zipper.

Improvement #3: Open the zipper before sewing the side seams. This makes it much easier to turn!

IMG_2812

Improvement #4: Add gussets. This makes the pouch stand up. Here is one with 1” gussets. IMG_2814 IMG_2816

This one has 2” gussets. That made the bottom denim stripe stay on the bottom of the bag. IMG_2818 IMG_2820IMG_2819

Hope these minor improvements help you enjoy your zipper pouches even more!

IMG_2821

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!