Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Single Loop Infinity Scarf Tutorial

Single Loop Infinity Scarf Tutorial #infinityscarftutorial
I’ve been planning to make an infinity scarf for awhile now. As in planning for two years or so. I finally got around to it. Here's how I did it.
First of all, this fabric was a “project gone wrong” and I wanted to salvage the fabric.
Below was the fabric while I was in the process of making a garment out of it. It just wasn't right! IMG_8366

I cut the fabric into two 15” x 30” pieces. I sewed along the long sides of the pieces to make them into a tube.
IMG_8380
This left the short ends open.
  IMG_8381

I joined the short ends with right sides together using pins. IMG_8382

I sewed along that seam and left about 3” open. I turned the whole thing to right side out and hand-stitched the opening together.
IMG_8383

Easy. And this particular fabric looks way better as an accent piece than an entire garment! IMG_8396 Infinity Scarf Tutorial #infinityscarftutorial

5 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! Too bad your original project didn't work out, but AWESOME that you could use it for something else! I love how graphic the fabric is, and it's really fun colors!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome!Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial!
    Happy weekend !

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for linking up at Ginger Jamboree! I shared this tutorial on my Facebook Page!

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!