Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Handmade Tags and Some New Fabric.


handmade tags (1)


I started making crocheted hats and some custom (sewn) bibs for a local store, Perpetual Childhood. Read more about that in this post.

But anyway, the owner wanted me to have tags for my items. She suggested a print shop in town could do them for me. I checked them out, but at this point, they’re a little out of my price range. 

storage of homemade tags

To make my own, I took my handy 2” circle punch and some old greeting cards (I’ve saved all of them from each of my boys’ birthdays thus far) and punched some of the cards. Then I punched a little hole for yarn scraps and then glued my name to each card.

handmade tags (2)

They take a little extra effort but look cute. I can put sizing info and/or care info on the back of the card. I might invest in a label-style paper punch soon. I think that would make even better tags. And then I want to print my name onto clear labels and use them on the tags.

Even if you don't sell your handmade items, I think a custom tag makes a handmade gift that much more special and 'finished' looking. Also, you can write the care information and size information on the tag.

And in other news, I have a new pile of fabric. So excited to get started making some custom-ordered pleated chevron bags with some of it. I just love the colors. fabric.
I also got a whole pile of new yarn. I’ve had a few custom hat orders, too. Check out my shop or my Facebook Page's Crochet Album for special Easter-theme hats.


Places I have linked:
Or So She SaysTrain to CrazyTater tots & Jello Merry Messy Life, Sugar Bee CraftsReasons to Skip the Housework,  The 36th Avenue, House of HepworthsSomeday CraftsSouthern Lovely504 Main,Serenity Now,  Fingerprints on the Fridge, I heart NapTime, Classy Clutter, A Glimpse Inside, Somewhat SimpleGingerly MadeSerenity Now

2 comments:

  1. How cute the tags are! Thanks for sharing!!

    Stopping by from Delicate Construction!

    Frances
    www.notionsfromnonny.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea. I love heartfelt handmade items! We are starting a link up party on Thursdays (today:), and we would love for you to join us with this post and/or any others you would like to include. We are at allthingswithpurpose.com. Hope to see you there!!

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!