Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Flat Zippered Pouch

flat zippered clutch  (12)

This past weekend was Mother’s Day. I wanted to make my mom something special since she’s my mom. Plus, she took my boys overnight one night over the weekend while my husband and I went to a homeschool conference. Since our trip to Toronto last year, we haven’t been anywhere with just the two of us.



My mom is not big on gardening (and plants are a great go-to Mother's Day gift idea), I figured I’d sew her something. So I whipped up this cute little zippered pouch. I've got a tutorial from the past on how to make zippered pouches.
flat zippered clutch  (8)

I still love the yellow and gray color combination. And I liked the idea of mixing chevron and polka dots.

flat zippered clutch  (13)

It also happens to match with the gray and white chevron bags I’ve been making.
flat zippered clutch  (16)

I actually sewed this while one of my children was awake (I usually can’t focus on a project unless both my boys are napping). My nearly-four year old has been having trouble going to sleep at bedtime for awhile now.

And so *sadly* we’ve been experimenting with giving up naps this week. I gave in one day and let him take a nap, but he was awake til 9:30 that night.
I’m sad that the nap-at-the-same-time-phase is ending for my two boys, but it’s apparently time. I feel like I’m torturing him by keeping him awake all day. He still asks to take a nap. So this is a little bit hard. But nothing other parents have not encountered.

Places I have linked:
Or So She SaysTrain to CrazyTater tots & Jello Merry Messy Life, Sugar Bee CraftsReasons to Skip the Housework,  The 36th Avenue, House of HepworthsSomeday CraftsSouthern Lovely504 Main,Serenity Now,  Fingerprints on the FridgeI heart NapTime, Classy ClutterA Glimpse Inside, Somewhat SimpleGingerly MadeSerenity NowToday's Creative BlogThe Winthrop ChroniclesHome Stories A to ZCraftyScrappyHappy

13 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the colors you used and the mix of patterns. Thanks for sharing at Project Inspire{d}!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics you used for this... cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO FUN! I'd love for you to share this and any other projects you'd like at my House Party---http://www.firsthomelovelife.com/2013/05/house-party-3-b-y-o-p-features.html XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job! I would love for you to share this at http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/assets-and-efforts-linky-party-2.html

    Thank you,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours that you used :) So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the fabric choices.

    Heidi

    handmadefrenzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!!!! I have one and love it. But a chevron one would make me very happy!!! Come link up to The CSI Project. The challenge is Crafting with Patterns. So, this is perfect. The challenge ends tomorrow so come on over.
    http://thecsiproject.com/2013/05/15/time-to-link-up-for-the-crafting-with-patterns-challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the two patterns together! And I know how you feel about naps, my 4+ yo says he doesn't need one but then goes completely nuts at about 6 p.m. because he's so exhausted... and if I do get him to sleep, he doesn't go to bed until 10! Happy medium, I'd love to find it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand the problem. My dear child is currently sleeping on the floor of his room because he is so exhausted after getting up at 6:30 for several mornings in a row. (He likes to have breakfast with daddy.) Which is great, but now I KNOW he won't be going to sleep until 9 or later tonight.

      Delete
  9. So cute! Those patterns look great together :)

    Chrissy
    www.everydaywiththejays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute, I love the mix of patterns and the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!