Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

My Starboard Skirt

I loved the tutorial for making the Starboard Skirt by Simple Simon and Company the minute I saw it. And back in August, I decided to sew up my own version. I was eight months pregnant, so it wasn’t something I really could wear at the time.  Since it has an elastic waist, I could get it on but it looked ridiculous on a pregnant lady.
brown skirt (2).


But that elastic waist makes this skirt a great post-partum skirt! And only the back is elastic, so the front isn’t too billow-y or anything like that.

brown skirt (5)

Two weeks after having this little guy, I’m not quite back into my pre-pregnancy clothing. Which is fine. So stretchy things are great. I don’t even know where I am weight-wise since our scale’s battery is dead and I haven’t been to a store to buy a new one.

brown skirt (11)

But that kind of stuff has a way of just not mattering too much to me when I first become someone’s main food source and am on call 24 hours per day.

This week life starts returning to our new normal as I’m going to start cooking again…but I’ll really be taking meals out of the freezer. Our amazing church has been bringing us meals for over a week. Also, both of my older boys and my husband are in dire need of haircuts (I’m the barber at our house, at least most of the time.) Plus, we’ve got to get back on track with my four year old’s pre-school work. Oh, and my husband returns to his PhD research schedule this week. I've got to get the laundry situation under control, too. My mother-in-law dug us out from beneath more than four loads last week.

I feel blessed that my mom and my husband have been doing our grocery shopping, but I’m going to have to figure out a way to safely take all three boys to the store sometime. The only places I’ve taken them by myself are the library and the park.

So…when will I sew again? Someday, when I have ‘free’ time again. I love having three boys. I’m thinking maybe I should get more into sports, though! Go, Buccos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!