Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

The Ambulance Driver Shirt

My little almost-five-year-old loves to pretend he is an ambulance driver. Or a police officer, fire fighter, paramedic, or doctor. Sometimes he is all of the above.

He is loving costumes. So how about a shirt that can double as a costume? I finished a shirt I started awhile ago for him and made it into an ambulance shirt.

2014-04-30 07.34.55


He loves it and has worn it for three days in a row.
ambulance driver shirt

He asked me for ambulance pants.
recess raglan

I’m not sure how soon I’ll get those finished, but it sure made me happy to make something he likes and encourages his imagination, yet can be worn in public (unlike his police uniform).

2014-04-30 07.36.42

And he’s so helpful. And agreeable. Especially when his younger brother is being difficult. (Are anyone else’s kids like that? Good as gold when the sibling is acting terrible?)

2014-04-30 07.36.48

His imagination makes me smile.

Though the shirt’s finishing on the inside is a bit rough (I have no serger for the edges) the little guy does not mind. And since it hasn’t been washed yet, the seams are holding up just fine.

Oh, and the striped fabric was upcycled from a clearance (big) shirt from Target that I wore a few years back as a maternity shirt. It didn't fit so well and got chopped into this cutie's shirt. The ribbing was scrap from another shirt I made myself.

This was my other project from Kids’ clothing week (#kcw).

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love how it turned out. I now think the neck binding is a little large (especially after he wore it for 5 days in a row)

      Delete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!